Kenneth Stohner, Jr. has practiced with Jackson Walker for over thirty-five years with a primary area of practice in workouts, bankruptcy and related litigation matters. Ken has extensive experience in workout and restructuring transactions, Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings, representing purchasers and sellers in asset sales in bankruptcy cases and all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings. He also has significant experience in the areas of finance and commercial transactions.
Ken has extensive experience in bankruptcy related litigation including preference and fraudulent transfer claims, equitable subordination, discharge and dischargability, relief from the automatic stay, director and officer liability, tort claims, lender liability and lien perfection and priority. His industry experience in bankruptcy cases include the areas of oil and gas, real estate, manufacturing, healthcare and technology.
B.B.A., Baylor University
J.D., cum laude, Baylor Law School
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Ken has extensive experience in representing all types of parties in bankruptcy matters including:
- Secured Creditors
- Creditor Committees
- Asset Purchasers
- Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2017-2020
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2013-2018
- Ranked for Bankruptcy/ Restructuring – Texas
- Top Lawyer in Dallas, LexisNexis, 2010
- Best Lawyer in Dallas, D Magazine, 2012-2013
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association – Bankruptcy Bar Section
- State Bar of Texas, Creditors’ Rights and Corporation, Bank, and Business Law Sections
- Honorable John C. Ford Inn of Court
- Represented indenture trustee in $100 million senior secured bond issue in bankruptcy of one of the country’s largest rice processors.
Oil and Gas
- Represented oil and gas producers in bankruptcy of a large multi-level oil and gas company.
- Represented secured lender holding claims of $50 million in bankruptcy of oil and gas exploration company.
- Represented creditors’ committee in bankruptcy of oil and gas transportation company.
- Represented creditors’ committee in bankruptcy of a chain of thirty-nine nursing homes.
- Represented creditors’ committee in bankruptcy of an oil and gas exploration company.
- Represented creditors’ committee in bankruptcy of a food distribution company.
Secured Lender – Real Estate
- Represented largest secured lender holding claims of $40 million in bankruptcy of a major transportation logistics hub in DFW.
- Represented secured lender holding claims of $45 million in bankruptcy of nationwide developer of apartment complexes.
Secured Lender – Manufacturing
- Represented secured lender in bankruptcy of a manufacturer of freight trailers.
- Represented debtor in bankruptcy and sale of a telecommunications business.
- Represented debtor in bankruptcy and sale of medical technology company.
Secured Lender – Healthcare and Medical Technology
- Represented secured lender in bankruptcy of chain of specialty hospitals.
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustee in pursuit of preference claims, fraudulent transfers and accounts resulting in collection of over $30 million.