Amanda L. Shaw-Castro
Amanda Shaw-Castro has extensive experience assisting clients with a broad range of commercial transactional matters. Amanda’s real estate practice includes representation of multinational private and public companies in the acquisition of hotel, multi-family, retail, office, mixed-use industrial and life science portfolio transactions. Her finance practice includes representation of both borrowers and lenders in the negotiation, structuring, and documenting of various commercial finance transactions.
Amanda assists a number of national banks with all aspects of energy based lending, including ongoing due diligence in connection with revolving lines of credit and letter of credit facilities. Amanda regularly assists private and national banks restructure oil and gas loans with the goal of maximizing recovery.
B.S., summa cum laude, Lamar University
J.D., summa cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston
- Representation of a multinational private equity company in an 8.2 billion dollar acquisition of more than 140 life science properties located across 14 states, with specific emphasis on diligence analysis and curative action, including all aspects of title, survey, and zoning matters.
- Representation of a multinational company in a 4.5 billion dollar acquisition and financing of over 295 industrial assets located across 18 states in the U.S., with specific emphasis on all aspects of title, survey, and zoning matters and role as local counsel in connection with financing of 31 properties located in Texas.
- Representation of a multinational private equity company in a multi-million dollar acquisition and finance of several luxury hotels located across 4 states, with specific emphasis on diligence analysis and curative action, including all aspects of title, survey, and zoning matters.
- Representation of an investment bank as agent and lender in connection with a 50 million dollar advancing credit facility secured by oil and gas assets located in California and Utah.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2018-2019
- “Legal Lessons Learned from the 2020 Oil Crisis,” Jackson Walker webinar (June 2020)
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Houston Bar Association
- HBA Minority Opportunities in the Legal Profession Committee
- United Way of Greater Houston, Young Leader
- Association of Women Attorneys, Houston Chapter
- Women’s Energy Network, Houston Chapter
- Portfolio Acquisitions
- National Title and Survey Diligence
- Efficient Issue Resolution
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Local Counsel
- Commercial Loans
- Syndications and Participations
- Legal Opinions
- Debt Restructuring
- Loan Workouts
- Forbearance Agreements
- Reserve Based Energy Lending
- Syndicated Credit Facilities
- Oil and Gas Title Diligence
- Maximizing Recovery