Steven R. Jenkins
Steve Jenkins has more than 40 years of experience representing clients in the full range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, financing, and public and private equity investments. Steve’s practice is national in scope, and his clients include some of the largest and most sophisticated players in the commercial real estate industry in the United States.
His experience includes all aspects of real estate ownership, leasing, financing and development — including municipal land use planning and economic development initiatives — of office, retail, hospitality, industrial, multi-family, healthcare projects, and mixed-use projects. During the past five years alone, Steve has been involved in hundreds of real estate transactions, including dozens of portfolio transactions, valued at almost $50 billion, relating to the acquisition, disposition or financing of thousands of real estate assets in more than 40 states in the U.S.
Throughout his career, Steve has demonstrated a deep commitment to providing tangible client value by managing legal costs through the effective use of technology and demonstrated project management techniques, including fixed fee and other alternative fee arrangements.
B.A., University of Texas Arlington
J.D., SMU Dedman School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- In 2015, represented public companies in a dozen portfolio deals involving the acquisition of approximately 700 properties in more than 40 states, valued at almost $20 billion.
- Represented public companies in real estate aspects of portfolio acquisitions, dispositions and/or financing of office, retail, multi-family, industrial, hospitality and healthcare projects in more than 40 states.
- Represented a public company in a 2.3B portfolio acquisition of more than 140 senior assisted living properties located in 33 states.
- Represented a public company in real estate aspects of portfolio acquisition of more 9,000,000 square feet of industrial space.
- Represented public companies in disposition of multi-family asset management business as well as hospitality asset management business.
- Represented private company in acquisition of office property management business.
- Represented a private company in the formation of a private equity joint venture with a major pension fund for the development of senior assisted living/memory care projects in Texas, Florida and Mid-Atlantic region.
- Represented a private company in the formation of numerous private equity joint venture with institutional investors for the development of office projects in the Southwest and Western states.
- Represented a private company in the development and financing of senior assisted living/memory care projects in Texas, Florida, Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.
- Represented a private company in the formation of a private equity joint venture with a major pension fund for the development of a 250-unit multi-family project in Florida.
- Represented a public energy company in the development of a major corporate headquarters facility in the Dallas, Texas area.
- Represented a large international services firm in a corporate headquarters transaction involving a major Downtown Dallas office building.
- Represented more than a dozen public or private companies in the development or leasing of corporate headquarters facilities in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex area involving more than 5M square feet of space
- Best Lawyer in Dallas, D Magazine, 2019
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2004-2019
- Ranked for Real Estate – Texas
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Real Estate Law, 2006-2020
- Leading Lawyer in Real Estate, Legal 500 US, 2009
- Best Business Lawyer – Commercial Real Estate, D Magazine, 2008-2009
- Texas Super Lawyer – Real Estate, 2003-2007
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Board of Directors, The Real Estate Council
- Dallas Citizens Council
- Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Dallas Planning Council
- Urban Land Institute
- ULI Advisory Panel
- New Orleans Advisory Panel