Kevin A. Jones
Kevin Jones advises public and private companies on a broad range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, and other complex business transactions. Kevin has significant experience representing both corporate and private equity clients in structuring, negotiating, documenting, and closing public and private mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions. Kevin also provides legal counsel with respect to equity and debt offerings on behalf of issuers and underwriters, private placements of securities, and venture capital financings.
B.S., Arkansas Tech University
J.D., cum laude, University of Arkansas School of Law
- Member, Arkansas Law Review
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Represents public and private companies, as well as private equity firms, in connection with mergers, acquisitions, and divestiture transactions.
- Representation of Prophet Equity and its portfolio company CID Resources, Inc., in the sale of CID for approximately $88.4 million
- Representation of Prophet Equity in connection with its acquisition of Total Plastics
- Representation of Prophet Equity in connection with its acquisition of Acton Mobile
- Representation of Prophet Equity in connection with its acquisition of Hatch Stamping Company
- Representation of Nationstar Mortgage in connection with the sales of its wholesale lending channel and certain retail assets to Stonegate Mortgage Corporation
- Representation of Nationstar Mortgage in connection with its acquisition of Equifax Settlement Services
- Representation of Texas homebuilder Darling Homes in connection with its acquisition by Taylor Morrison
- Representation of U.S. Home Systems, Inc. in connection with its merger with an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Home Depot
- Representation of a multinational food processing company in connection with its cash acquisition by a joint venture consisting of U.S. and foreign public companies
- Represents private equity firms in fund formation matters, as well as investment transactions.
- Representation of Prophet Equity in connection with the formation and fundraising for its $345 million second fund, Prophet Equity II LP.
- Representation of multiple private equity funds in connection with investments in portfolio companies in connection with oil and gas exploration and development projects.
- Represents public and private companies in connection with capital raising transactions.
- Representation of an NYSE-listed telecommunications company in connection with its $1.3 billion initial public offering
- Representation of an NYSE-listed telecommunications company in connection with its $1.4 billion 144A private offering of senior notes
- Representation of underwriters in connection with an approximately $100 million secondary offering of common stock for a NASDAQ-listed international trucking company
- Representation of an NYSE-listed textile products and services company in connection with a 144A private placement of approximately $300 million of senior notes
- Representation of a healthcare provider in connection with multiple private placements of securities aggregating approximately $100 million for the formation and development of outpatient surgery centers
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2018