Carlos R. Treviño
Carlos R. Treviño is a corporate and securities attorney with extensive experience handling both domestic and cross-border transactions for clients in a wide variety of industry sectors. He focuses his practice primarily on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and general corporate matters.
Having previously served as in-house counsel, Carlos has a deep understanding of the challenges his clients face and is able to provide strategic advice to help clients effectively analyze and structure transactions to achieve their business goals.
Before joining Jackson Walker, Carlos served as senior in-house counsel for a large multinational company based in Monterrey, Mexico. While at this company, Carlos acted as lead counsel in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures in Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil, and Chile. He also worked extensively on a wide variety of corporate matters, including the negotiation of domestic and international contracts in the U.S., Mexico, Central and South America. Prior to his tenure as in-house counsel, Carlos was in private practice with a large law firm based in Mexico City, where his practice concentrated on corporate matters, including complex mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures.
LL.M., University of Texas School of Law
M.B.A., Thunderbird School of Global Management and Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey
LL.B., Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey
Carlos regularly advises domestic clients in the full range of corporate and transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and complex capital and financing transactions. Carlos’ domestic practice encompasses a diversity of industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, and technology, among others.
Being licensed in Texas and Mexico, Carlos is well-positioned to help clients effectively negotiate complex cross-border transactions. He routinely assists domestic clients with M&A and complex corporate transactions in Mexico and Latin America and advises U.S. clients wishing to expand internationally. Carlos regularly advises international corporate clients and foreign individuals with regard to all aspects of doing business in the United States.
- Advised a Mexican company based in Monterrey, Mexico in a $130 million syndicated loan.
- Advised Pronto General Agency, Ltd. and its affiliates in a significant investment by Palladium Equity Partners, LLC.
- Advised the owners of Knox Oil Field Supply, Inc. in the company’s acquisition by Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc.
- Advised Starmount, Inc., in a Series A growth capital investment from Kayne Partners.
- Advised an Austin-based property owner in a refinancing transaction of two skilled nursing facilities insured by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) under the Section 232 LEAN program.
- Advised a Mexican manufacturer of steel products in connection with a $150 million credit facility.
- Advised a Mexican manufacturer of aluminum products in connection with a $60 million credit facility.
- Advised a Mexican multinational company in the acquisition of a steel manufacturing company located in the State of Missouri.
- Advised a Mexican investor in the acquisition of a large chemical manufacturing plant located in the Midwest of the United States.
- Advised shareholders in the sale of a medical device distribution company to a U.S. subsidiary of a European company.
- Advised U.S. companies and individuals purchasing and selling real estate in Mexico, both in and outside of the restricted zone.
- Advised U.S. companies and financial institutions in drafting loan documentation for credit issued to Mexican borrowers secured by collateral in the U.S. and Mexico.
- Advised U.S. companies establishing operations in Mexico and other Latin American countries.
- University of Texas School of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Austin Bar Association
- Past Chair of the International Section
- Ex-A-Tec Association and Thunderbird Alumni
- Austin Working Group on Sustainable Development, 2012